Family photos

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Park City

After a hectic week of life... I told Dave I needed to get out of town (for my mental well-being!!), so on Friday we headed up to Park City (sans kids -- except Jenna). We stayed at the Park City Peaks hotel. We had a nice time... we hit up Main street (isn't that a tradition up there?) and ate the YUMMIEST bbq I've had in a long time! I think it was called Bandits BBQ. Anyway - I had their pulled brisket sandwich with YUMMY yams on the side (which were de-lish!), and dave got his fill on all you can eat ribs. Anyway - it was so good.
After a nice long sleep (thanks for the 9 hours Jenna!) we got up, ate some breakfast & decided to take a more scenic drive home. So - we went over Guardsman's pass(loop?). It was so pretty, but sadly most of the leaves were LONG gone. By the time we came down to the mouth of big cottonwood canyon there were still some beautiful colors though.
This was at the top of the peak going around Guardsman's... it was WINDY!~!
Here's Dave on the opposite view...
ANd - YES, SNOW! Dave tried to get me w/ a snowball on the head when I used the timer on the camera, but the timer didn't work, so I got a snowball to the head for no good reason! Rats!
It was really nice to get out of town -- even just for a day. I'm already plotting our next trip up there... I really enjoy going up to Park City. We'll have to hit up the outlets next time though :)

4 comments:

Amber said...

So fun..I am snagging the idea for my mental health. I have come to the resolution there will be no trip until the January at the earliest...and as much as I love Cambrie she is trying my patience!!! I am glad you had such a great time....but am sad to hear the leaves are gone. :(

Josh and Nat said...

Did you guys match on purpose? Cute picture of the two of you. We have stayed up to park city 6 times this year, and have atleast 1 more trip planned before the end of the year. It always provides the break you need doesn't it? It is one of my favorite places in UT. Glad you guys had fun!

Laura said...

The matching was unintentional (although I did pack Dave's clothes for him.... maybe it was subconscious)

Sharonda and Zaron said...

You guys are so awesome! What a great idea. It's always fun to get away.

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones