Family photos

Monday, October 27, 2008

A Celebration of Hailey

Well - today is all about Hailey! I know parents say it all the time, but I can't believe how time flies! I still remember bringing her home as a new baby... and it just seems like yesterday. Hailey has given me TEN amazing years of being a mother. Some of my favorite passing memories of Hay-bug... When she was just over 1, we would go for walks, and all she wanted was one leaf in each hand, and she would turn it around in all directions like she was analyzing every specific detail... it was amazing to me how a one year old could focus for such long periods of time on something so simple. Another not-so fun stage was her times of sticking beads up her nose... yes, I said beadS. We had three different visits to the insta-care to get them removed, and I think one other when I had to blow it out at home (EW! - it was a technique I learned at the first visit to the DR) ... needless to say, we had a few years of high restriction on beads.
Hailey has always been such a HAPPY girl! She is a great daughter, a great friend, so smart and dilligent w/ her schooling, she is SOOO musical - constantly trying to figure out songs on the piano - by ear, and she has a beautiful voice. She likes to joke around with people, and she is a great big sister. She is my #1 helper around the house, and I'm so blessed to have her special spirit in our home.
So - onto the celebration!
HAILEY"S TEN!!!
For Hailey's party, we did a scavenger hunt/ activity challenge. (Some items from their lists included... * Find a house with a brown banana and take a picture of one teammate taking a bite. * Take a picture of two teammates rolling down a hill. * Take a picture of all teammates in someone's bathroom. * Bring back a sock with a hole in it. * Bring back a AA battery. * Bring back something shiny) They had SUCH a blast!
The girls all decorated hats, and their hat color determined their team.
Here they are modeling their gorgeous looks!

... and jumping on the tramp


Hailey & Derek got to ride the bull :)


Derek chose to give Hailey bath colors for her birthday - they were so cute :)
Hailey enjoying some birthday cupcakes w/ her friends

I couldn't resist putting this video on - Derek enjoyed singing several renditions of Happy Birthday to Hailey today! He loves his sissy!



3 comments:

Mel said...

It looks like you guys had a great party!! Happy Birthday Hailey!!

Josh and Nat said...

I can't believe she is 10! Happy Birthday Hailey!! What a creative idea for a party Laura. Do you remember the scavenger hunts when we were in mutual?? ha ha.

Amber said...

I LOVE Derek's singing...that was the cutest!! I am so glad that the party was such a hit and turned out so well.

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones