Family photos

Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Joy of being a mother!

...Long Post Advisory...
This has been a pretty great week of being a mother!
Thursday was a Stake activity for all girls 8-12 & their mothers. They had a wonderful spa theme. When we arrived at the church, the gym had been transformed into a very "soothing" room. It was filled with scents of lavender, cherry almond, pomegranate and fresh linen. There were little water fountains and small lamps providing a lovely glow. We broke out into groups after a great slide show they put on.
First Hailey & I got to choose our bath salt (the above scents). She chose pomegranate and I chose lavendar. We decided that they smelled really nicely put together, and so we're going to share 50/50! The next station was for the girls to create a time-capsule for when they go to the temple. Each girl got a special letter from the bishop and their primary president, as well as a sheet for the mom to fill in, and a sheet to put their own testimony on. There was a lovely white hankie in there with a paper pinned to it about being able to take that to the temple one day. It was a wonderful idea!
Afterward they had a banana split bar, but after waiting for 20 minutes and not moving, one of our friends Brenda & her daughter Ashlynn came over & suggested we hit up Artic Circle instead. So - we did (I don't think I could have waited any longer for a treat, and neither could Hailey). We had a nice visit with friends while we ate our shakes (oreo for Hailey & brownie cheesecake for me -- I recommend either!).
Here is a shot of my gorgeous Hailey displaying our bath salts -- I can't wait to use mine!
This weekend we hit up the Discovery gardens at Thanksgiving Point. It was a BEAUTIFUL day, and we got to see most of the tulips still in bloom.
Here's Dave, Jenna & Derek...
Jenna observing the beauty

It was tricky getting Derek in this position -- he stepped on & almost squished several blossoms -- OOPS!
I had to include this one of me for my Momma -- Love you Mom!
Here's my Mother's Day loot shots, but first a recap of the day.
This morning I awoke to Dave getting up at 6:50 with the baby - YAY!! At around 7:20 he came in with Banana pancakes & OJ for my breakfast! Tasty!! I love breakfast in bed!! I got to open my fun special gifts from the kiddos & eat!
At church the kids sang in Sacrament meeting, which is always so touching & cute. I was happy to watch Hailey & Derek up there!
Anyway - Hailey gave me a lovely bookmark, 6 hug coupons (which I told her I was going to wait to use until she was really mad at me & then cash them in :D, she didn't think that was too funny), a lovely card & a cute silver sunflower necklace. Thanks HAY!!
My necklace that Dave tricked me about not getting!! Thanks honey!! Love it!
My special card from Derek
-- there was a mid fold that said "and grows"... and the full open part...

And, the kisses necklace he made for me at Preschool. I got to wear it proudly at church today, and Derek thought that was fantastic!
Despite challenging ages & stages, I love love LOVE being a mother! The silly, sweet & quirky things my kids do really shape my life to be so great! And, thanks to my sweetie husband for making today so special, and letting me say "but it's mother's day" about a million times to shirk all my responsibilities. He spoiled me with my great banana pancakes & a yummy dinner of grilled chicken, alfredo pasta & salad! Thanks babe!
Thanks to all of you women out there that have helped shape me into a better woman and mother!! I have been blessed with wonderful examples all around me.
Most of all - to my own Mother who has endured more with patience, love, understanding an forgiveness than any other woman I know could. Momma - you are my ultimate hero - thanks for continuing the legacy of amazing women in our family history -- I hope to be half the woman and mother you are!
Hope all you mom's had a great mothers day!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

So sweet!! Your pictures at Thanksgiving Point are beautiful! Happy Mothers Day!

Amber said...

I love the pictures at Thanksgiving Point...so cute!!! I am glad you had such a great Mothers Day...you deserve it!

Mel said...

What a great day for you! I loved that I saw Dave with Jenna in the halls at church!!! What a good guy. Glad you had such a fantastic day. I used the "IT's Mothers Day" Several times!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones