Family photos

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Date with Derek

I've been lagging on getting my posts done, but so goes life. Last weekend I decided to take Derek on a surprise date with mom (and Jenna). He had no idea where we were going, and was VERY EXCITED when we pulled into the zoo. We hit the zoo up early -- right after it opened in the morning, and it was PERFECT! No crowds yet! We got to see their new Madagascar exhibit, which was small, but cool!

I don't know what it is about these water things, but kids LOVE them!!

The bears!! Derek loves that they have a "bath" (aka pool area).

The play area was a huge hit. We probably spent at least an hour here. He LOVED the slides, play area etc!

Derek & Jenna on the train -- he was SO thrilled to be on the train!

I KNOW Derek is my little monkey, and he's working on being as big as a gorilla!

Did you know they have a carousel at the zoo now?? I rode on a otter, and Derek rode on the hippo.

There were tons of exhibits out in the park, and Derek got up close and personal with a PYTHON!!!!
After our jaunt through the zoo, I took Derek to one more surprise place -- The Blue Plate Diner. If you have not been here, it is a hidden treasure in Sugarhouse - on 2100S & 2100E. It is the cutest diner, and they have the BIGGEST banana splits you have EVER seen!
I love that I captured this shot -- he was so excited!!!
Here it is...

Going, going,

GONE!

I love spending time one-on-one with the kids from time to time. Derek had a great day, and I had a great date with my little man!

4 comments:

Mel said...

You have inspired me to do some surprise one on one things with my kids! Your such a good mom! A banana split like that! You are a hit with that! I want some right now!

jewels said...

I think all us girls should go get a banana split.

Laura said...

I agree - Banana splits are to die for...

Jen said...

Reading this reminded me that I have been wanting to take an outing to the zoo- we've never been to the one in Salt Lake!!! What kind of a mama am I?!?!? But with school letting out now we'll have plenty of time!! Very very cute pictures!!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones