Family photos

Monday, May 17, 2010

SG Tri 2010

This past weekend we loaded up the fam, and headed south to St. George for our very first Sprint Triathlon. The weather was absolutely HEAVENLY!! Here's the recap:
Me, outside of the car, getting ready to walk up our gear.

Dave, toting his stuff up to the main area.

Dave & I met up with Amber & Dave to head over to get everything set up. There is quite the art to getting everything set up properly so you can have speedy transitions. Here I am at my little spot (I snagged a great spot on the end of a row).

Amber & I pre-race, feeling the nerves & debating on how many immodiums to take before the race started (laugh if you like, but it's a NECESSITY!) :D

This is one of my favorite pictures... while I was watching Amber's group get ready for the water, there was this old guy in front of me, in his wetsuit with his crack all puckered & hangin out. Crude, I know, but I couldn't resist snapping the shot, so I could bring it home and share it with all of you on my blog - LOL!

Dave - just after crossing the finish line!! I was so proud of him!

Look - they gave us medals & everything, it's official, we really DID IT!! It felt like such an accomplishment. There is such a satisfaction that comes from putting in a lot of time, effort & training to prepare, and be able to meet a goal.


I'm anxious to do another tri in the near future... I've got my sights set on a few. It was fun to do with people I know -- thanks everybody for making it a fun race!!! :)

4 comments:

Mel said...

I'm so proud of you guys! It is a fun thing to do. You look great in the outfit! I hope we can do one together in the near future! Good job Laura!

Amber said...

You seriously crack me up! I LOVE the crack shot...made my morning. I am just sad that I missed it at the race. You did awesome at the tri...all your hard work paid off. We had such a great time with your family this weekend!

jewels said...

Good job laura. You are amazing

Josh and Nat said...

you totally rock! im so proud of your time and you look awesome! great job to dave too!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones