Family photos

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happenings & Happiness

Last night Hailey participated in the Hope of America performance down at the Marriott Center in Provo. Her 5th grade -- along with 5th graders from multiple other schools, put on a great showcase! They had very cool musical numbers, and hand movements that really looked AWESOME!! It was hard to believe they only had one day as a dress rehearsal to put it all together with all the kids.
Hailey is in the center section, top red row :) Can you see her? LOL!
I really enjoyed their performance, I love programs that help me reflect on what a GREAT NATION we live in. I am so THANKFUL that despite my agreements/disagreements about our current government, that I am part of a country where I enjoy (and often take for granted) so many freedoms!!
Now -- onto part II. When you were growing up, did your mom or someone in your family make something that was particularly yummy, and that you still have fondness towards as an adult?
WELL -- my mom is/was a master muffin maker. She always was making DELICIOUS muffins. One of my favorites that is SO simple, and so good (especially with some yummy homemade strawberry jam), are the Brown Sugar Muffins.

Here's the recipe, so you can enjoy them too...
1 c. Brown Sugar
1/2 c. margerine (I use the spread kind)
--cream together--
Add in 1 beaten egg
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
--Dissolve 1 tsp baking soda into 1 T of water --
--Mix all in--
Bake 375 for 15 minutes (press center of muffin to make sure they're done)
makes 24 muffins



2 comments:

Amber said...

I am really so sad that I missed the muffin train this morning....that is what I get for running to the post office! These look and sound very tasty! Thanks for sharing.

Mel said...

Yummy muffins and the Hope of America Concert was so great. I am glad we were a part of it!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones