Family photos

Thursday, April 23, 2009

At some point the Christmas obsession is going to HAVE to stop!!

Late last fall my darling Derek began to be VERY excited about the onset of the Christmas season. Before Thanksgiving had even arrived, he was CONSTANTLY (seriously EVERY conversation) talking about Santa and presents and elves and sleighs etc etc. At that point, it was a little over-kill, but we thought it was cute that he was so excited (especially me, being a Christmas lover).
Well, that spirit of Christmas love turned into Christmas obsession and now I can't get it to stop -- still... Yes, it's APRIL!! Derek's favorite movie is Santa Claus 3 (aka "Santa Claus Jack Frost"). He STILL watches it frequently! This morning over breakfast he sang a lengthy rendition of "You'd better watch out" to Jenna. At bedtime, he asks for Christmas songs (and we have to talk him out of it -- really, it's NOT Christmas time anymore!!).
And - to top it off, his reading recommendations these days are (This is his current list of books checked out from the library):
Do Salamanders Spit
Long Arm, the Adventure of Brachiosaurus
Diary of a Spider
Pumpkin Jack (Uh oh - we're starting to change seasons...)
Santa's Little Helper
Merry Christmas Stinky Face
Wishing you Blessings from A to Z (Christmas themed -- w/ Snowmen)
Christmas Coyote
Can I tell you, the only thing worse than the fact that he INSISTS on checking out these Christmas books is - that he wants me to read them to him every day. I DON"T WANT TO READ CHRISTMAS BOOKS IN APRIL!!
I've tried miscelleneous things to get him pumped up on the current season, or upcoming holidays, but to no avail. Alas, my 3 year old is OBSESSED with Christmas.... it's going to be a long next 8 months. <>

4 comments:

Tracie said...

I think that is so cute! I know, I am not the one living it though :) I often have to remind myself with my 3 yo that "this too shall pass" and that he will grow up and I will wish for these days back again! I have read the Grinch by Dr Suess (a long book!) 2 times today already! You are not lone!

Rebekah said...

That is so funny. Sydney still refuses to put away her Christmas CD's. I hear them playing during the day when she is in her room with friends. I often wonder if her friends go home singing Jingle Bells or something, parents must think we are crazy here. At the end of January I started not letting her listen to them in the car or at bedtime anymore. Just glad to know that I am not the only one dealing with this.

Mel said...

So funny!!! I love that he is into it! Atleast you have the feeling all year or not?

Jen said...

That is too cute!!! I bet you will look back on this and laugh when he is older!!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones