Family photos

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The meaning of 2 1/2 hours...

Well, today is day 5 of Dave being gone hunting, and we all really miss him! I especially miss him around the time that he usually gets home. It's my sane time, my regroup time, and sometimes my stay away from everyone time. It's so funny, that really -- during the week, the difference of him being actually physically gone is really only a few hours... 2 1/2 hours to be exact of the kids awake time. Why is it that I can be totally fine to rally after kids all day, and run, feed, entertain, repair etc. etc., but for those last 2 1/2 hours it's like the bubbling over time. Maybe it's just because I'm used to having the tag-team option... but it really seems harder at the end of the day.

Anyway - that's my rant for the evening -- (ahhh, now that the kids are in bed :))

2 comments:

Brooke Hargett said...

Two girls that I work with have husband's that are avid hunters and are going thru the same thing! That is a really good point about the time... the regrouping is VITAL though! Hang in there... hope he comes home soon!!

Amber said...

I am ready to check out by the time Jon gets home. I was just telling him tonight that I don't know how you are doing it because I look forward to him coming home after work and getting a much needed break!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones