Family photos

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Such a Mama's boy

Okay - this is one of those cuter than cute things about Derek! Dave & I took Derek to a movie today, and on our way home we passed the new temple out by Daybreak. He looked over to it and said "can I get married there when I'm bigger?" so I told him he could, and that he could find a girl to marry him... so he paused for a minute then said "Mom, can I marry you?" SOOO CUTE! Dave told him I was already taken, then he asked if he could marry his Auntie Michie (my sister Michele), and I explained that she was already married. THen he asked if he could marry Jenna.

Cute little Derek... I thought that was so darling, it totally melted my heart! What a sweet boy - I'm glad he loves his Mama!

2 comments:

Amber said...

That is so cute! I am glad we are not the only ones having conversations with our 3 year olds about marriage of adults. Cambrie has told me a few times she wants to marry me....so hard for them to understand! Hope you had fun at Madagascar.

Mel said...

I hope they all stay mama's boys. I love it! Derek is such a cutie and says the cutest things! My boys used to say when they were younger they wanted to marry me too. And Kate wants to marry Carl. It is funny.

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones