Family photos

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gratitude

We just returned home after a nice long holiday at my sister Melanie's. We had such a great time! I always love spending Thanksgiving with their family -- as do our kids!
I have so much to be grateful for - wonderful family and friends. Health, the gospel, living in a free country, education... there are SO many things I'm grateful for! Below you'll find a little recap of our trip... I slacked on the pictures, but you'll get the gist.
Here's Hailey & I w/ my neice Abbey after her performance of The Nutcracker. She is SO talented... and so adorable w/ all her animated expessions on-stage :) I was totally cracking up at how expressive she was!
Mel (my sis) Britt & Abbey

Britt & Hailey :)


BLACK FRIDAY!
Okay - I have to elaborate here a little - we totally knocked out a new method for avoiding all chaos in stores on black friday! As soon as we would walk into a store - my mom would immediately go get in the front of the line & let one person in front of her at a time while my sis, niece & I shopped - then, When we were all ready, we just went to the front of the line where she was waiting for us :) So we hit... Kohl's at 4am, Old Navy at 5am (OMGosh! - 50% off all Jeans!! Yay!), Target at 6, and the Mall afterwards (where I got Jenna the CUTEST christmas dress that is White w/ black polka dots!)
I love this tradition of going shopping the day after!

Hailey & Abbey gearing up the "kid" table for Turkey dinner!
My favorite part - Dave & Bill (my BIL) doing the dishes after dinner... also one of my favorite parts of THanksgiving :)
My Nephew Ben playing w/ Derek - arent' they cute guys!?
Brandy & Koby & kids - a family in my sisters ward - came over for dinner - and Brandy made the dang cutest little place setting pieces - Turkeys out of Oreos, candy corn & whoppers :)
My mom & Mel - gearing up for the final touches of food :)
Hailey & Abs were so good at keeping Jenna busy while we were getting the food rolling! Yay for good helpers!
If I can find the pictures from our TUrkey Trot 5k from Thanksgiving morning I will post them - I was pretty tuckered out... only did it in 30.15... definitely not my best time - oh well :) It was a great run, and a great tradition that we do to start off the day! :)

5 comments:

Mel said...

Looks like you had a blast! Great method you have for Black Friday! I missed you!

Amber said...

It looks like you had such a great time....good job on the Turkey Trot!!! :) I love your plan of Black Friday....I will have to remember that for next year.

Josh and Nat said...

I'm glad you guys are home safe and sound. Looks like you guys had tons of fun. See you Sat!

Brooke Hargett said...

Laura! Hi there! Looks like you guys had a great thanksgiving! We need to do sushi agian soon! Hope all is well!

Michelle and Adam said...

Oh what a fun Blog. I can't believe how big Derek is. He is adorable. Of course I remember you. I'm glad you came across our family. Your kids are seriously beautiful. You look like you're doing great. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!

I'll have to check up on you from now on \"/

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones