Family photos

Sunday, July 6, 2008

**4th of July Festivities**

Well - another 4th has come and gone. We stayed true to our recent traditions. On the third we went to Lagoon w/ my brother Steve & his family and my Sister Melanie & Her family. Fun was had by all. I particularly enjoyed floating on the lazy river (as that was the only "ride" I could go on)
Here the gang's just gearing up to hit all the rides
Hailey's favorite thing at Lagoon are all the games that you play & can win stuffed animals. She won 1 by herself, and Dave helped her score two more! Go team!!
Derek braved the Dino-Drop. It's like a mini version of the rocket. He did great on it - didn't even cry, although he did look very concerned when it dropped him!
This was more his style - driving the cars w/ cousin Abbey.

THE 4th ACTVITIES...
This is the 3rd year we've participated in the Kaysville 5k/10k run. Hailey was our family's representative - there was no way I was running! She had a good walk/run, and finished in about 50 minutes. She especially enjoyed all the otter pops she got after completing the race (she had at least 20)!
.... thankfully she shared otter pops w/ me - it was HOT! It was about 90 degrees at 9am when the race was over - thank goodness for an overcast morning!
After the race, we always head over to the Kaysville parade. They do a great job there, and end the parade w/ a water parade - all the water trucks & floats come through and just soak the people. It's a great way to stay cool! Above are my niece Brittanie, nephews Ben & Matt.
Here are all the other nieces & nephews waiting to score on the treats being hucked into the crowd by the floats.
Our family!

After the parade we went back to Steve & Jenny's house for some delicious bbq - brats, varieties of steak, hotdogs & the works! We ate a ton, then played some wiffle ball. It was so much fun! I dominated at catching everyone's ball! Nothing like getting your young nephews out! :)


Here's derek - about to crash after a long day... He was admiring the fireworks. My brother in law Bill scored a bunch of "wyoming" fireworks... Dave added in all the legals to that, and it was a great firework show - until someone's bottle rocket went array and hit me in the belly & arm! Yikes! Thankfully it didn't explode until after it bounced off my wonder-tummy! Phew!
Dave & I being patriotic!
Our yummy dessert that my niece made - Fruit pizza, it was SO good!
Dave stirring the pot - post smoke bomb ... I thought it looked like a good witches cauldron.

We had a great time playing w/ the family. The kids had so much fun! We love getting together & spending time w/ our family! Another successful 4th of July!

2 comments:

Mel said...

I am glad you had a great time!! It looks like a blast, we are doing good! Relaxing by the Lake checking my email. It's been fun so far for us! Way to go Hailey for running/walking the 5 k. Love the otter pops!

Amber said...

It looks like you had such a great time!! :) Glad to see you survived the heat of Lagoon and parade!!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones