Family photos

Monday, March 15, 2010

The vain pleadings of the young


I came home tonight from school to find my mirror covered with Hailey graffiti. She has been asking for a cell phone forEVER. We continue to tell her it ain't gonna happen right now. First, I must say that Hailey doesn't even really like to talk on the phone anyway, but is still begging for a phone. In case you can't read it, here's what it says

PLEASE

Give Hailey a cellphone
Reasons Why - I will do these
Keep her Grades up
Be Helpful
Babysitting for Free
Great Attitude
Won't bug you to buy me things at the store
You can take it for a while if I'm bad.

In addition to her note, she had little papers crammed in at the cracks of the mirror saying "Please buy me a cell phone".

Although her attempts are in vain, she sure gave it a good go. Gotta give her an A for effort :)

7 comments:

Josh and Nat said...

I love hailey bug! that is hilarious and definately worth posting about!

annette said...

that is good. why do they want cel phones so bad?. (: Ausia used to write persuasive essays to get what she wanted. and it usually worked. I still have them.

Mel said...

I remember doing the same thing with my parents. I wrote a note to them to have another baby and would leave it on my mom's pillow at night. She said they had fun trying. That is adorable of Hailey! That cracks me up. She definitely gets an A for effort!

Brenda said...

Kids are Crazy these days. Ashlynn wants one when she turns 12. Either that or a laptop. What do they think...Money grows on trees? We got Kyle a cell phone a year or so ago. TOTALLY regret it. Thought it would be nice to know where he was and I thought it would be good to have in an emergency. But two phones have already gone through the washer and had to be replaced. I can never get hold of him becuase either his battery is dead or he has lost his phone. And I'm thinking paying $50 a month, so I can keep tabs on him is A LOT! I wouldn't get one until they have a job and can pay their own phone bill. That is what is going to happen to Kyle's once our contract is up. BUT I do think it is great how Hailey wrote a messge on your mirror...she must REALLY want one!

Amber said...

That is so funny!! I give her points for creativity...and persistence!!

Raina said...

This is so so funny! I am cracking up.. and sharing this with my hubby too. So glad you posted this! :D

cassie said...

That is hilarious! Gotta love kids growing up! I can't wait for that!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones