Family photos

Sunday, February 14, 2010

We are alive!

So after inspiration to get back to blogging, here I am with an update. No pictures for now, since I've taken just a handful of pictures since Christmas. Slacker, I know.

In January I started back to school. Full time. What was I thinking?! After a couple years off, I reevaluated and realized I was only 2 semesters away from finishing my degree in Sociology. SO - after some serious contemplating and some encouragment from Dave I decided to jump in. I am gone all day Monday & Wednesday and half of Friday. Every moment in between is spent either studying, doing laundry or toting kids between activities. Thank goodness for this only being temporary. Thanks to my MIL for her help in watching the kids a couple times during the week to help out!!

Dave & I both signed up for the St. George Tri that is in May. Due to our chaotic schedules we don't get to train much together, but are doing our "things" where we can squeeze it in.

The kids are great! Hailey & Derek are in gymnastics (gyNastics as Derek says) and they both LOVE it! Hailey's still doing the school choir as well. She just finished up the 5th grade science fair. ATTENTION: For anyone who's child has not yet reached 5th grade-- DO NOT, I repeat - DO NOT, procrastinate getting the project/presentation board, oral report and written report until the weekend before it is due. It is NO fun! Luckily we all pitched in, but Hailey did a great job getting all the data together. She analyzed the relationship of temperature and placement in the deflation of balloons. Go Hailey! :)

Jenna is almost officially 18 months old! She has been SO much fun. She sleeps great, loves to eat all day. Among her many healthy options, she is often to be found sitting on the bottom stiar with the box of fruit loops as happy as can be! She loves her brother & sister. She folds her cute arms during prayers, gives many hugs and kisses, brushes her teeth ALL the time, loves to play in the dog's food and water (ew!) and many other little things! She is tons of fun for our whole family.

Dave's staying busy with lots of work! Things have been busy, but good for him over the past few months. We're looking forward to taking a little break once I'm done w/ school & his work has settled down a little. *Dreaming of vacations for now*.

Alright - so on the Valentine's day, I'm pledging my love to my blog, and I promise not to neglect anymore!

But of course that is a distant second to how much I love my sweet Hubby and my kiddos. I'm such a lucky lady to have such a great family!!

Happy Valentines Day all!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Laura- WOW! You are amazing going back to school full time like that!! I am in nearly the same boat- two semesters to go until I have a degree in History- but holy cow, I have just NO motivation right now to finish it!! You are so inspiring!! I hope that this year goes as smoothly as possible for you!! What an accomplishment graduation will be, not just for anyone, but especially once you have your hands full with a family!!!

Raina said...

Back to school? It is much harder to finish now with kiddos than EVER! I know you can do it though! AND a triathlon? Give me a break.. you are super woman!!! Your my inspiration... keep up the good work

Mel said...

Thanks so much for the cute valentine! I was a slacker. But know I love you lots! You are amazing and can do anything. This too shall pass and you will have your degree and feel good about it! Your awesome Laura!

Brooke Hargett said...

Hey Laura! That is so amazing! You are one busy woman! And it looks like you are balancing everything so well! :) Loved the update! Hope all is well!

Naqvee said...

HI there.. your life sounds interesting I wuold love to know more about you and the kids and their GYnastics.. haha
Naqvee

all the best!!!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones