Family photos

Friday, October 30, 2009

We're havin' a party!

My little Hailey is not so little anymore!! She turned 11 this week. It's hard to believe she is so grown up already. For her bday breakfast, she wanted cake (a girl after my own heart), so I negotiated making "easy cake" - an old family recipe. (sorry pics didn't rotate..)

Her birthday party with friends was a huge success. I had converted an area of our unfinished basement into a glow room, decked out with black lights & glowing paint splattered everywhere. Hailey & all her friends spent most of the night down there with their pizza, snacks, glowsticks etc. They had dance-offs, sing offs and an overall great time. They made masks which were fun to see glow in the black lights... pretty spooky!

Here's the crew...


The birthday girl :)


A small plate of her cupcakes -- cute, eh?


A birthday wouldn't be complete without a cake to the face... I'm pretty sure Dave started this tradition, but the kids get a kick out of it :)


I'm so glad for the young lady Hailey is becoming. She is very sweet, bright, helpful, capable -- and my best helper!! I'm so glad to be her mom!!



4 comments:

Amber said...

You are such a creative mom! I love the idea of a glow in the dark party...glad to hear it was such a great success! And...I really love your cupcakes! :)

Mel said...

What a good idea. I will be hitting you up when Kate gets older to help me out!!

jewels said...

How fun, you are amazing. It looks like a blast.

Brooke Hargett said...

She is so cute Laura! She looks just like you!

Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones